Chris here to talk about a few tips to make cardio at the gym less boring. Morning cardio at home is great but it can get pretty monotonous. And when you get down to the wire on shedding those last few pesky pounds, you will spend a lot of time on the treadmill, elliptical, or bike.
We are now a few weeks out from the photo shoot so Scott and I are both turning up the dial on the cardio. I put in between 45min to 1hour per day of cardio in addition to the 90minute weightlifting sessions 5 days per week.
Here's what keeps me from going insane on the treadmill
- Crank up the music. I like to listen to all sorts of music but when I'm on the treadmill loud techno music provides the beat and motivation I need to keep going strong. If you are going long and slow, pod casts work well too.
- Bring something to read. I try not to bring stuff from the office but I don't always succeed. By the way, this works better on the bike than the treadmill.
- Position yourself in good viewing distance of the exercise / dance room. Need I say more?
- Do interval training. I manually adjust the settings to incorporate sprints and rest periods so I don't go brain dead. This is also a good way to confuse the body and trim more fat. It is amazing how fast the body adapts to exercise and when it becomes too efficient, you don't get the same benefits.
- Mix it up. Sometimes I will jump from StairMaster to treadmill to bike to elliptical to keep it interesting.
This works for me, have fun trying out some of these ideas or inventing some of your own.
http://ballisticbodyfitnessblog.com/
The Fastest Way to Lose Weight - Personal Trainer Burbank - Visit our
site for expert training on how to lose 8-15 pounds in 10 days with a
free working persons detox and weight loss jump start plan.



No comments:
Post a Comment