Hi Guys,
Chris here to talk a little about biceps. If you want to make a muscle bigger it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to go about it. Engage in progressive resistance training (lift weights), force the muscles to do more work consistently over time (increase weight), get plenty of rest for recovery and eat a good diet that feeds the body's nutritional demands for new growth. But how do you actually shape the mass you've acquired into a visually appealing chiseled physique?
I never thought much about this question until Scott turned me on to the secret of full body symetry and more specifically, impressively peaked biceps. I always just figured that ripped symetrical cuts were like the Field of Dreams, if you lift it, they will come. Now I know better.
Have you ever seen Pumping Iron or any similar bodybuilding movie where the weightlifters pose in front of the mirror between sets? I always thought that this was either a narcissistic ego stunt or maybe that they were practicing posing routines for the stage. While both of these observations are accurate in many cases, Scott explained to me that there is actually much more to posing than I had guessed.
Posing is actually a form of isometric exercise that can add an explosive new dimension to your workouts. Isometric exercise is exercise that involves the contraction of a muscle against resistance where the length of the muscle stays the same. A good example of isometric exercise is the wall sitting that we used to do in grade school gym class. If you are like me you will never forget it, back against the wall, legs bent at a 90 degree angle, fierce burn in the quads, and a wild eyed sadistic gym teacher with stop watch in hand barking at you to keep going. Simply put, posing is isometric exercise and when you add it to your routine you boost gains.
Here's how it works:
After training a body part in the evening, I go home and have a protein shake and an apple, good post-workout muscle building foods. Next I put a towel on the floor (I sweat like a madman during this session. It is unbelievably hard work), and spend 20 minutes in front of the mirrior striking isometric poses. During that 20 minutes I will work the same body part that I worked out that day, in this case biceps. During the poses it is important to get a good isometric pump and to actually visualize the way you want the muscle to appear. I'm almost embarrassed to say it but I actually visualize how I want the bicep to look and repeat the word "grow".
I know this sounds wild but it works. Since I have added this step into my arm routine I have seen dramatic improvements in the definition of my biceps brachii and brachialis. And for the first time in my life I actually have a visible peak in each of my biceps.
Try this method out, it worked for me and I'm sure you will be pleased with your results.
http://ballisticbodyfitnessblog.com/
The Fastest Way to Lose Weight - Personal Trainer Burbank - Visit our
site for expert training on how to lose 8-15 pounds in 10 days with a
free working persons detox and weight loss jump start plan.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment