Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Trip Down Washboard Road

Hi Guys,


Chris here to talk a little about washboard abs. Since the site is actually named after a desirable byproduct of having ripped abs (D-Arrows), it may surprise you that there aren't more posts on ab routines. I think you will agree, the actual truth about getting ripped abs is counter intuitive.

A Simple Abdominal Secret That Not 1 in 10 Trainers Knows

If you are working abs more than 2 times per week you are over training them. Yes you heard correctly. The most common mistake when training abs is over training. It is simply not necessary to hammer your midsection with hundreds of crunches every day.
I remember when Scott first told me about this I didn't believe him. How could I ever get six-pack abs without hammering my abdominals at least every other day? I had always relied on my visions of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Franco Columbu pounding out rope crunches hour after hour as an inspiration toward my goal of achieving D-Arrows. Now Scott was about to let me in on the real secret behind a ripped midsection:

Ripped Abdominals are All About Your Diet

Let's be real, you still need to pound the abs hard when you work them but we only hit them once per week. A quick Saturday morning ab and core routine followed by an hour on the StairMaster and we're out. Remember, you are actually hitting your abs and core with nearly every exercise you perform in the gym. When I began to think of it this way it became clear to me how easy it is to over train my abdominals if I was isolating them every other day and then working them in an ancillary way with every other workout.

When I Finally Started to See Results


When I started drastically reducing my carb intake, I would literally watch my abs pop out in chiseled blocks more and more each day. It was like magic. The simple fact is, your abs are always there but if they are covered by a layer of marshmallow fat, then you will never see them.

This once per week ab system worked for me, give it a try, I think you will like it. Besides what do you have to loose but a few dozen hours of crunches and some inches from your midsection.

Take care

http://ballisticbodyfitnessblog.com/ The Fastest Way to Lose Weight - Personal Trainer Burbank - Visit our site for expert training on how to lose 8-15 pounds in 10 days with a free working persons detox and weight loss jump start plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment